3 Loves of the Day

Three things I want to show you today...love all of them.

First, I'm finding myself very inspired by the softly ethereal, yet vigorously edgy, combo of lavender and blue.






{via}

Loving.

And you know what else my heart is bursting over?

This...



{sorry for the pixilation- early morning iphone}

That would be the new chandelier I practically stole...turns out most suburbanites don't share my love of brass...I found this gorgeousness...


in a sea of chrome, nickel and iron...sure it had ugly shades and chandelier bulbs but after pitching those, I ended up with a stunning fixture for literally 1/4 of the price it was originally listed at...yup...I took her home for $300!

The sales guy seemed dumfounded that I wanted it at all...silly, silly man.

Colour me very happy.

And you know what else is making me a little giddy....this...


She used to look like this...


But not even really...the metal wasn't shiny and chrome...it was more like a dull pewter.

Anyhoo...now it's gold and beauteous.
It took yours truly all day and many coats of brushed on artist's gold but the result is truly so much better than I even hoped...the finish almost looks like gold leafing and it's elevated the light to something beaucoup glamorous...adore.

So there you have it...three loves of the day.

What's striking your fancy this rainy Thursday?

xo

Photobucket