Living Room Identity Crisis...New Things I Want

My living room is having a little identity crisis.

Remember when I told you how the kitchen had somehow managed to make everything else a little dull?
Well the living room suffered the most.

I've been staring at it for weeks now and have slowly been changing a few things and so far so good...the Chiang-Mai and La Fiorentina has been replaced with Schumacher's Shantung Silhouette and a pair of petal pink/grosgrain ribbon beauties that I'm keeping under wraps for now.

I also still want a pair of white/grey mink numbers...pillow gods are you listening?

The settee has been given these new pretties...


I have to thank CC DeuxVie for them...If you remember, I posted about their black and rust velvet ones before...the grey,white and chocolate velvets are new to their shop and I adore them!!

The leopard fur is also new...it's since been moved somewhere else in the room though and might be my favourite cushion of all time...you know me an leopard...just can't get enough.

Along with the pillow switcheroo, I've also made over a couple of pieces in the room.
I transformed the back of chinoiserie Craigslist find from dark Hague Blue to...


soft pink...big surprise, I'm much more in love with it now.

So far so good...the room is definitely looking more in keeping with the kitchen but...there a few more items on my wish list that will really finish this space off and make it exactly how I want it.

For one, I need more metal/shimmer in there....and you know for me, that means gold.

My chandelier that was painted yellow has now been recreated again and although I like it, I really would love to eventually replace with some kind of show stopper...my first choice is this Circa Lighting beauty...


She's pricey though...so I'd happily take this one...


Or this one...


Or even this one...


she's like 1/4 the price of the first.

See...I'm SO budget conscious;)

I'm also debating adding a console behind the sofa with a pair of lamps on top...my long time favourite table lamp is this beauty...


I've loved it for so long...a pair needs to come home with me one day.

Don't you think a matched set would look sublime on top of this...


She's out of my league sadly...looking for something just as glam but also cheapish...any ideas?

And lastly, I want to switch out my two rosewood chairs for this insanely perfect throne...


two of them please.

Now I just need to win the lottery...or perhaps someone out there could hire me to I don't know...decorate their house or something.

Or if Circa Lighting wants me to test out some of their products in exchange for giant Twitter blasts/numerous posts and great feedback, I'd so be in to that idea as well:)

Oh and PS, my 5 year old took this picture with my phone last night...


Impressive no?

And one more thing...I've just discovered a way to spray paint gold stuff and then have it actually look like real honest to goodness gold...first spray with whatever metallic spray paint is your personal favourite...then brush on some of this stuff over top (once the spray is dry of course)...



Trust me...the pictures aren't really doing it justice...perfect shade of gold.
And don't mind about the bubbling etc.
I did that on purpose...kind of love the way it looks.

Later skaters.

xo

Photobucket