Style in Seven...Moi


Goodmorning all.
It's Sunday, which means Style in Seven time...



 and this week, yours truly is up to bat.
I actually put this 7 together for the very fabulous Ashley, of a {llittle} dash of ash....she posted it last Sunday on her gorgeous blog.

But you may have missed it so....

Here it is again.

My post is basically a picture party of the 7 things I feel best represent my aesthetic...if I had been allowed a few more choices, I would have thrown in wallpaper and whimsy into the mix but alas, thanks to my own rules, I had to just focus on 7.

So here you go...take all of these things, wrap them up with a bow and you pretty much have a room a la B&B...


1. Pink
There's not much to elaborate on here.
I simply ADORE pink...I love how it's feminine but has a distinct air of strength to it.
Daring in its girliness.
Pretty and punchy...perfection in a colour if you ask me.


2. Art
If I was a bazillionaire, I would spend all my riches on artwork.
To me, nothing is more compelling/beautiful than a great piece of art...and as such, no room is complete without well adored walls....and PS, that means no mass produced canvas prints, thank you very much.
My taste runs a pretty wide gamut...I adore fashion illustration and modern abstracts but also find antique portraits and landscapes rather enchanting.


3. French
There's something about the interplay of history and femininity that I love about the French aesthetic.
It's just so darn pretty.
I love when a little French is mixed with some more modern touches so that the girliness of it all isn't too overpowering.
Truth be told though, an antique bergere will always win over an Eames chair with this girl.


4. Gold
Rich and lux, I just heart gold....and brass...and bronze...anything with this decadent hue.
To me, gold is the most glamourous and feminine of metals so it's undoubtedly my favourite.
I'm of the mind that pretty much everything looks better with a touch of glitzy gold beside it.


5. Leopard
Roar.
Leopard rocks...simple as that.
It's the grande dam of animal prints and looks good with every thing.
Leopard performs as a dynamic neutral and makes any space/ensemble infinitely more glamourous.
I will never ever tire of it...as evidence by the fact that I have approx. 7 cushions, 2 coats, a handful of scarves, 2 blouses, 1 dress, 1 pair of boots and a car seat in this print...yes...I'm a bit of a leopardaholic but I make no apologies for it...my love for this print runs deep.


6. Glamour
What's not to love about this one?
I'm not sure why anyone would want to be/dress/decorate in anything less...a little girly sparkle/shimmer/crystal/metal/feathered/encrusted/gilded pretty is 100% essential to happiness...I'm convinced of it.

{all photos via here or here}

7. Fur
Last by certainly not least, there's fur.
This one goes along with #6...glamour always wins for me and you can't have that without a little 
furry goodness.
I'm of the mind that most rooms could benefit from a fur throw or pillow (or 5)...same goes for a closet.
And PS, vintage or faux is best.

So there you have it....my 7 style essentials.
Very much hope I did my own series some justice.

And with that, I wish you a very happy Halloween Eve.

I still have my costume to figure out {thinking I might just drench myself in every piece of leopard pretty I can find} and a few more pumpkins to paint....we're going black and white this year around these here parts.

Pictures to come on Tuesday or so.

Kisses.

xo

Photobucket