Designer Spotlight - Tyler Dawson Design

As often happens, I was working on a post for this morning and got gorgeously distracted by a stunning designer portfolio.

So...I changed gears a little and am pretty excited to share with you the amazing work of 










Um...yah...dying over this.

A few points to note/reasons why I'm loosing my mind over this portfolio:

1. the gratuitous use of gold

Anyone who loves brass as much as I do, is aces in my books...aces.
PS...I cried last night when Sarah Richardson found a stunning brass desk for $150 and proceeded to get rid of the gold- literally...tears in my eyes.

2. the amazeballs wallpaper

I need NEEEEEEEEEDDDDD that brown floral.

3. the pattern play

Florals in love with ikats...hell yes.

4. the vintage chandys that grace every room

I don't think I love much of anything more than a brass Venini.

5. the brass animals everywhere

Adore a gold elephant.

6. the mix of vintage and modern

Ms. Dawson's blending skills are high...she's totes a decor mixologist.

And....most importantly....

7. the fact that someone besides me embraces the idea of painting living room walls pink

She completely and totally had me at hello with that first room- the walls are the perfect shade of rose.

And PS, I want to repaint my living room to a warmer and brighter pink...thinking I want the one she used.

Oh and see those brass curtain rods...that's what mine look like only here's the greatest news....mine run the entire length of my living room wall...swear to god...I love my curtain rods as much as I love any single other thing in my house...and that includes the marble in the kitchen so yes...LOVE the wall poles...that sounds dirty.

So, there you have it.

Portfolio heaven in my books.

You can see more here.

xo

Photobucket