Friday Fancies- White on White

Well hello there.

So sorry I was MIA yesterday...no real reason- I did have a crazy busy day but aside from that, I just wasn't particularly inspired by anything...a little pre-winter funk perhaps...one of those days I just wanted to disconnect a little.

In any event, we're back on schedule and it's fancy time.

I woke up this morning to two things.

One...our first frost, which got me thinking about the lovely white snow glow that will soon be upon us...and I'm talking about the beauty of December snow- NOT the horrid brown snowy muck that we will have to cope with {here in my neck of the woods} for 3 months after that.

And of course, I also opened my eyes to November 11th...Remembrance Day.
Again, thoughts of white and peace and doves and all that stands in opposition to the ugliness of war.

Anyhoo...inspired by the textural and romantic beauty of white today...







{via}

And from that folder of image bliss....my white on white ensemble...



Pretty, pretty.

Make sure you have a peak at the rest of this week's fancies by clicking

And with that, I wish you all a very Happy Remembrance Day.
Me and my little red practised our moment of silence in the car before school started this morning- 60 seconds is a long time when you're five, so I figured a trial run couldn't hurt...and whose kidding who, the one minute for mommy was kind of bliss;)

Scarlett also happily let me adorn her faux leopard coat with a red poppy, before jumping out of the car to meet her friends.  She looked back at me before waving goodbye and said...."Mommy...soldiers die in wars and that means people shouldn't loose their temper"- the brilliance of childhood...such a simple concept and yet, so perfectly true.

Remembering my grampa today....miss you always.

xo

Photobucket