Bedroom Glamaliciousness

My bedroom sucks poop balls.

It's a work in progress that sometimes goes in the right direction, but mostly reverts back to its position as household dumping ground.

I've gone through more bedding sets than I can admit...thanks to my large dog who insists on sleeping under the covers.

Kid's toys seem to think my bedroom is their own personal living room...quite sure there's no less than 40 cars/ My Little Ponies here at any given time.

When entertaining, any piece of crap I don't want somewhere else gets thrown in...at present, I have 5 mirrors, 3 lamps, 6 framed pieces of art, 3 Christmas poinsettias,  3 hibernating orchids, a bookcase from Mac's room, a tool box, 8000 magazines, and a wood chest...all of these are things that are not supposed to be here.

On the flip side, the room is missing....artwork, a set of lamps, a rug and bedding...oh and the molding I put up months ago still has the pencil lines and needs a coat of paint just about as badly as I need chocolate each day.

As well, I had plans of wallpapering inside the molding and am dealing with a matched set of furniture that my husband insists we are not splitting up...to be fair on this note, it is a rather lovely set so I'm OK with it...even Meredith says I should not mess with what's there so if she agrees with hubs, than I figure they must be right.

So...basically, it needs a giant de-clutter, a paint job...and wallpaper/accessories when budget permits.

In the meantime, I've been collecting some image pretty to inspire.

I want the room to be glamorous and elegant, with a little funk thrown in for good measure.

Something like this....

Pinned Image

Could you die over this room?

I could...the pink walls, molding, sconces, red sofa, portrait, and peacock art...sublime.

Maximalism at its best.

And some others that have caught my eye as of late...

Pinned Image

Headboard, palate, bolster, fuuuuurrrrr!

Pinned Image

Fabric on headboard and lamps...I'd give up an arm for those lamps.

Pinned Image

Not a single thing in this one that's not to love...most notably the inssanely gorgeous rug, mirror, chandelier and molding.

Photobucket

Bed, palate, lamps, artwork, velvet bolster.

Pinned Image

Bed, artwork.

Pinned Image

Moody vintage awesomeness.

Pinned Image

Everything.

It's funny how I consider this room to be at the bottom of my never ending to-do list...It's the space with the least public visibility, and one I can easily shut the door to but...oh how I'd love a little oasis.

I have like zero budget left for any of this so all will be done on the down low...aka...cheaply and probably not in the next few/12 months- ha!

One can dream though right.

For now, I plan on emptying out the crap, vacuuming the dust that's collected around all said crap, painting the molding and framing up my beautiful new Kim Davies nudes...I was thinking of putting them in the bathroom but have changed that plan...I think three of them in large matted frames would look like heaven across the bed wall...

Pinned Image

I adored my Jenny original and DIY pink number there but as you know, they've migrated down to the living room/foyer so as of now, that wall is blank and lonely.

Don't you think these is big silver or gold frames would be killer across there?


I do.

One more thing...I have to apologize for not getting around this week to visit as much as I would like to. 

I am computer cursed and my latest one is now acting up.

The mouse-pad clicker button thing isn't responding properly so scrolling down on a page or clicking to select something takes like 10 pounds on the button each time...to the point that I literally have a sore finger and am close to throwing the damn thing through the window.

I'm off to have it looked at today so am hoping that by next week, I'll again be able to say many more hellos.

I seriously, honestly am beginning to consider that I have a computer pox...absolutely insane how often I have woes in this regard..

Anyhoo...wishing you all a great day and sending mushy kisses your way.

Eek...one more thing...I was really excited when Victoria from vmac&Cheese asked me to take part in her mini-Alt series on blogger advice...


...make sure you check out everyone's brilliant 2 cents HERE...so much great information about running a successful blog!  

And with that....

xo

Photobucket