My Black Bathroom...in Progress

As promised yesterday, a few snapshots of my newly blackened bathroom.

First, in Instagram...


And then the regular shots...








In my perfect world, it would be wallpapered instead of painted but for now, the black is making me happy.

I still have a few little things to do/buy...a little rug is first on the list...would LOVE a pinkish Persian.

I also want to remove the towel bar above the toilet so I can plant a fabulous piece of art there...priorities;)

And I MUST replace the really ugly light that's presently above the mirror...in a perfect world, I'll have a pair of sconces on either side of the mirror.

Oh and I need new hardware on the vanity...the ones that are there now don't have long enough posts so they actually completely don't work.

So yes...still a little bucket list of things to do but for now, it's black and I like it.

Painting bathrooms in noir goodness is a perfect way to try out dark walls, if you're a little chicken to do it elsewhere...they're small rooms and easy to paint over if you don't like.

For some added inspiration, a few gorgeous blackened bathrooms from the interwebs...

Pinned Image





I love all the layering in each of these spaces and I'd love to plaster some b/w photography all over the walls of mine.

Add it to the list...the VERY long list;)

Happy weekend lovers.

xo


Photobucket