Friday Fancies - Valentine's Day

Word...it's Friday.

This makes me VERY happy.

And do you know what else makes me kick my heels up?

Valentine's Day.

Now I know it's commercialized and really just invented so that card companies and the like can make billions of dollars...yadda, yadda....but...it's also one of the few nights a year my hubster and I get of our lazy asses and you know...go on a date.

It's also an excuse to flaunt my favourite colour everywhere.

And if you throw a little red into the mix, I love my pink even more.

So, in honour of love day...here's my lovey dovey outfit...and PS, with a last name like Dovey...would be kind of wrong to x-nay this particular holiday- ha!


Now I know this ensemble isn't exactly subtle, but that's the fun right?

I've long been obsessed with that Wildox heart sweater...truth be told, I'd probably go for the gold heart one if given the choice, but that's just because I seem to always pick gold over silver these days...which I think I might need to get a handle on...my house is getting VERY gold y'all.

Anyhoo...I paired the red with a pink tulle skirt...the fashion stylist that often works with my daughter at her modeling gigs is always wearing one and though she's like 20, and I'm well...not,  I still think maybe I could pull one off...adore....especially when it's a Dolce & Gabbana maxi version {which sadly, appears to be sold out...sad fac/relieved face...have no money to spend on pink tulle skirts}.

I'm pretty convinced that most outfits I wear these days need a good blazer...they just make me feel so much more put together/bad ass {PS, I never say ass really and I've dropped it twice in this one post...not sure why...digressing} ...this Rag and Bone black number {or dark blue perhaps..hoping black for the purposes of this outfit} is pretty killer...hence why one would have to pre-order it at Barney's....as a sidenote, and speaking of R&B...this caplet would also be smashing with some sort of tulle skirt i.e. one that's still available.

As for the accessories, I went full stop with the love garb...I'm loving these Dorothy Perkins love rings...and at $17, they're actually totes attainable...on the higher end of the spectrum, this Avanessi rose gold version is also delightful.  And what V-Day outift would be complete without a little vintage Chanel heart brooch? None I say...you could also go full stop with the heart necklace version...either or;)

The Karen Miller black and white clutch bag is a chic staple and as the owner of a pair of lace up booties, I have to say...they're are sooooo necessary in any shoe collection...I heart these R&B ones.

So there you go...a little red/pink and a little black/white/camel Valentine's fabulous...make sure you have a peak at all the pink and red fancy fabulous HERE.

Now...as an added treat and because I love you so so much...I've got some great news.

Actually, I have nothing to do with this...you have the fabulous Eleni Sofroniou to thank;)

After drawing the winner for her art giveaway, I got an email saying that she'd love to pick a runner-up!

So...


to...Vanessa of Decor Happy!!!!

You, lucky girl, have won an 8.5x11 print of your choice.

Happy almost love day everyone!

xoxo



Photobucket