Style in Seven - Nuha of Habibi

It's day two of the guest post train here on B&B and I'm thrilled to introduce a simply GORGEOUS...



For those of you who might not already know and love the fabulous Habibi...and it's curator Nuha...well...you're missing out...in a ginormous way.

Firstly, it's absolutely one of my favourites to look at it...the pink, gold and black layout makes my knees weak and admittedly, a little jealous- it's aesthetically beautiful.

And what's more, Habibi is packed with so much gorgeosity...fashion and design inspiration galore.

Nuha's Style in 7 will give you a stunning glimpse of her gorgeous take on all things pretty...picture board bliss I tell you.
.......

Hello B&B readers, Nuha from "Habibi" here.  I'm thrilled to be sharing my Style in 7 with you!  Christine's blog is by far one of my favorites and she is definitely a girl after my own heart.  Many of times I'll be thinking of something and check her blog to see that she is thinking the same thing - it's weird, but definitely exciting to know that I'm on the right style track ;-)  Oh, and I absolutely cannot wait to see the big reveal of her home in Style at Home!  

After a bit of thought, it was suddenly hard to narrow down my favorite things to only 7, but I tried my best to give you a brief glimpse into my mind.  Let me start out by saying that gold has been my favorite color ever since I can remember.  I’m a bit embarrassed to add this to my list because it feels like every other blogger/ girl out there is currently obsessing over gold.  I promise I’m not hopping on the bandwagon!  So because of that, I nixed the gold, and went with a few other things that make my heart pitter patter.  Enjoy!

1.) X-Chromosome:  Let me start out by saying that I am over-flowing with the x-chromosome.  I am unabashedly obsessed with all things girly, flirty, and pastel.  The number of dresses and skirts I have probably outnumbers my pants by 3:1, and romance movies make me weak in the knees.  You know the girl who loves to bake, get dressed-up, and sew things?  That is me.  Nice to meet you.


2.) Classic:  I’m an old soul at heart and anything vintage/classic/ antique is right up my alley.  While trends are fun now, I’d rather not look back at a picture of myself ( or my home) and think “What was I thinking?!”  That’s why I tend to lean towards classic pieces in both my wardrobe and home, I know that I'll love them now and forever.  Oh, and buying and renovating an old mid-century home is high up on my bucket list.  Baby steps, Baby steps.



3.) Fashion:  To me art is so fun because each person portrays it differently.  Which leads me to my main point- fashion is the most powerful form of art.  In what other way can you portray your emotions to the world without uttering a single word?  And equally as important, I’m a firm believer that if you look good, you feel good.


4.) Flowers:  This should come as no surprise after my excess x-chromosome confession above.  Nothing makes me more weak in the knees than a bouquet of flowers- or better yet, a whole garden of them.  I simply cannot wait for the spring to roll around so that I can get started on our garden.  I’m thinking to cover the backyard within an inch of it’s life with hydrangeas, peonies, and herbs.  It’ll be grand!

5.) Books:  Wherever shall I begin?!  Books are my fool proof way to relax.  And even better is sitting in a whole room devoted to them.  Don’t get me started on the smell of old books- so relaxing!  


6.) Glamorous:  Maybe it’s because I’m from the Middle East and we're used to going all out but I simply adore all things glamorous.  Dressing up and being a girl is basically my idea of a fun time.  Lipstick, baubles, hair & make-up- tell me these things don't excite you!  Trust me, you will never regret buying a one of a kind piece that screams love me- or looking like a million bucks. 

7.) Quirky:  Life is wayyy too short to take yourself seriously- that’s why God invented awkwardness.  No one is perfect and the best way to deal with that is to embrace your quirkiness.  I love adding a little bit of something unexpected to my house as well as wardrobe.


A  big thanks to sweet Christine for having me take part in her series! 


xo N  

......

Gah...wasn't this post just heaven?  So pretty.


And PS, any girl who loves glamour, flowers and quirkiness...so my kindred spirit!


xo
Photobucket