Week of Pink- Happy Valentine's Day...A Rainbow of Rose...and a Personal Note

Well it's the big lovefest day...happy 14th friends...hope you have someone to share it with and if not, crossing fingers that you've gone ahead and purchased lots of wine and chocolate for yourself;)

In honour of V-Day, I am continuing with...


...and attempting to prove my assertion that pink is the perfect neutral...i.e. makes friends with every other colour.

So...with that, here's a little rainbow of pink...













Which is your favourite?

I'm a die hard pink and red fan...though of course, my fave is pink/white/black/gold/leopard;)

I also think that with pink as your base, you can throw every colour all at once in the mix...which ends up looking a little something like this... 


AKA...heaven.

And with that, I'm going to sign off for now and leave you with this...I'm sending it to you, my family and most of all, to my dear sweet Nana...


As much as I try to shield the not so happy stuff from this diary of sorts, today I feel like I have to share...I need you to know why I've been a little distant and perhaps, not as focused here as I usually am.

Today might turn out to be a pretty crapola one for me...I'm waiting on news of my dear Nana in PEI, who was taken to the hospital a few days ago. 

I'm not sure what news is coming but for now, I'm spending most of each day reflecting on the amazing force she has been in my life...perhaps the one person I've always known has truly 'liked' me...sounds crazy as I know my parents love me, as does my husband and sister etc. etc....but my Nana is different...she's always been a bit of my kindred spirit and to imagine my life with out her is something I'm not sure I can do...I treasure her guidance, her love and her spirit more than I can aptly put into words.

I feel bad about dumping all of this on you on a day that's supposed to be a happy/celebratory one but I guess at it's essence, Valentines is meant to be a time to celebrate love and today, my heart is filled to the brim with adoration and sweet thoughts/memories of my Nana most of all.

So, I ask you to send her your thoughts right now....I might be jumping ship this week (depending on what I hear today) and flying to PEI, so if any of you feel like you could help me out with a guest post, I would so appreciate it.

As always, I thank you all so so much for being such a fabulous support- means the world to me.

xoxo


Photobucket