A Bijou Room- A Dressing Delight

Well hello.

I've got to move fast this morning...my little red has a gig in the city, which means yours truly has to get her bumb in gear waaaay earlier than I generally like to.

In any case.

I'm waking up today feeling good...don't want to jinx things but despite being unable to breathe at all through my nose...I dare say I'm feeling better/more like myself.

And...more importantly...I'm so so so so so happy to tell you that we got some great news about my dear Nana yesterday...although her cancer isn't curable, the oncologist really wants to do a few rounds of radiation, which he says will significantly reduce her tumour, with very little side effect...which means....way more time for us to spend together...since this her 3rd bought with cancer (and all have been unrelated/different,) and because she's almost 90, we thought treatment was probably unlikely...to hear this news...well...it's just more than we could hope for...and do you know what? I wouldn't be at all surprised if she her tumour disappeared after the few rounds...my Nana's last cancer was stage  4/terminal and guess what...that was 15 years ago...it never came back...so...if anyone can beat this stupid fucking tumour...it's her.

So...I guess it's a very good morning to wake up to.

I feel blessed and happy and so so thankful.

And do you know that does?

Well it makes me feel like being creative again, which in these parts equates to mood board fun.

God I love doing these things.

Like rock skipping, they're good for my soulski.

For today's Bijou pretty, I've decided to put together the dressing room of my dreams.

If I had an extra room to spare and a cool $40k to spend, I'd SO be making this happen....


I've long been obsessed with that cheetah wallpaper and am thrilled to see that even little old me can now buy it directly from Furbish...I have no idea where it's going to go in my real life, but that paper WILL be mine...I mean really...have you ever seen a paper more perfectly suited to moi?  I didn't think so.

I adore the idea of having a whole room just for me...such luxury.

I'd make it a combined dressing room/office and would have open brass racks all around the perimeter...mixed in with velvet tufting, a fabulous antique settee, and of course, a gorgeous pink hued Persian.

Here's my vision of everything minus the racks (tis the only way I can make my board larger)...


I've had that Gloria Swanson painting favourited on Etsy foreeeeeever...love it to the moon...also pretty sure those pink sconces should be mine...damn fiscal correction/not being a billionaire.

If you'd like to know where to find anything else in this space, let me know...I'd be happy to pass on the link...and I promise, aside from the sconces, the rest is totes affordable:)

And do you know what else is SO in budget?

My E-Design services...that's what!

Mama needs a new rug/wallpaper so....I'm offering up my moodboard/design skillz to you my friends...if you're looking for a little help the decor department, shoot me an email {cadovey (at) gmail.com} ...would LOVE to work with you!!!

And speaking of me working/clients etc....remember this...

 

Well, it's back on folks...more on that tomorrow!!!

xo

Photobucket