The Big Room...Again...and a Guest Post

Thank you so much for all of your input yesterday...it helped...alot.

I spent the night reading everyone's suggestions and mulling it all over...the decision right now is that for many reasons, Scarlett has to move to the bigger room...it just makes more sense for what we need the rooms for.

So...here's where I am on the wallpaper front...

I'm still totally and utterly confused...just can't decide on where/how to put sweet Orangie....so because I'm totally obsessing over it and can think of little else, you're going to have to suffer through another post dedicated to said room.

Thank you in advance;)

I took more pictures of the space so you could get a better idea of what I'm dealing with and so you could help me more.

This is the view looking out of the room to the upstairs...as you can see, this room is on it's own level....that closet wall is the only one where you can put something tall...


This is what you see directly in front of you when you walk in and is really the only wall where the bed can go...


This is directly to your left when you walk in and faces the front of the house...


And this is to your right when you walk in and faces the backyard...


Now...some issues...as you can see, there's nowhere to put a closet unless we had something built in where the present one is...thankfully someone yesterday made the brilliant suggestion of using clothing racks and this is SO what's going to happen...Scarlett spends hours everday taking her dresses out of the closet to display them around her room anyway....


 ...so it's a perfect solution for her.

I'm thinking of making the whole room sort of like a giant dressing room...a la....

tacky floral wallpaper

dressing room

open clothing racks

You get the idea;)

Of course, the racks will be brass...found these online for cheapzies...

Garment Racks

Purdy.

I'm also contemplating a little/large DIY of sort...if you scroll back up and see that bed in there, imagine taking of the legs, painting the base a great shade of something from the paper, attaching chain and doing a little Novogratz hanging action...


...it would totally solve the problem of me having to put the bed in front of the window...I'm thinking big gold chain of course.

Scarlett's current bed would in this scenario, be moved down to the room on the lower level that will be a combo Tasha's bedroom for 2 months of the year/hubby's office...I hope that answers the commenter who was asking where my big girl would go when she comes home every summer...yes, she is going to have a room of her own/place to sleep;)

So...thoughts on all of this.

I'm still heavily debating the paper and of the mind that my brain just can't work out the flowers on some walls and not the others...as much as I love the panel idea that some people suggested, the walls are just too wonky to get good coverage that way...I could do the nook idea but that would leave a lot of walls covered in just plain old paint.

I have three other thoughts...

1. This wallpaper instead...

Floral wallpaper

I dare say I love it as much as the Orangie...$20 bones via Paypal to anyone who can tell me what it is and where I can get it.

2. Walls in paint and Orangie curtain panels on all three windows...


...though this would probably cost as much, if not more than the wallpaper.

3. Paint the walls, do something like a solid pink silk on the windows and source out an amazing floral settee/sofa...or have something recovered....if I had the space, this beauty would SO be travelling from Baltimore to find us...


...have you ever?

I massively love that sofa...it's just too damn big for that room, anywhere in my house...could go in the playroom actually...agh...I need a lottery win!!!

So there you go...my brain is clearly on hyper-overdrive on this matter but I promise I'll leave you alone after this;)

Oh and before I forget and on a totally different note, please link over and read a little Q&A I did with the utterly fabulous Jessica at the Aestate...

The Aestate

...her blog is one of my absolute favezies and I am so honoured to be visiting...and PS, if you haven't yet checked out her Etsy art shop, you MUST...so good!

Later bunnies.

xo
Photobucket