Style at Home Yo...and Some Tiger

Helllllo friends.

I've got some very large personal news to share...I sort of let the cat out of the bag yesterday on Instagram but in case you missed it...prepare yourselves for a little shameless Bijou self promotion...

You my friends are looking at the newest monthly contributor to...


Even as I'm writing this, I'm back flipping...SOOOOOOOOO honoured/excited/elated/chuffed etc. etc.

Every month, I'll be writing a small blurb on what's hot on the web...my picks will range from cool Etsy shops to blogger news to website tools...basically all the web gems I've stored away for reference will be shared with you.

My first article is now on the shelves...


...and I'm admittedly WAY too excited to see my own mug shot in print.

Total dream come true.

Thank you to everyone at Style at Home x 18 billion...beyond honoured to be a part of my most favourite design magazine.

Now on a totally different note, but still on the topic of yours truly...I need some help with a little problem...

I was watching RHONY the other night and had a small/large heart attack when the ladies headed over to Carole's apartment and put their silly bumbs on this piece of heaven...


...apparently that sex in sofa form was gifted to Ms C from her mother in law...she's "gotten offers for that couch that could fund a summer home in the South of France"...and I know why...the thing is dripping in Scalamandre le Tigre...aka silk velvet bliss...


...which by all accounts, retails for around $1500/yard.

Mother F@*#&(*&er

I've done a little research, since I'm totally convinced I NEED some in my life...in the living room that is.

I've found 2 yards on Etsy for $699 but I want more and need to pay less.

Anyone out there have any bloody idea how I can magically get my hands on some?

I did find this Lee Jofa alternative...

Tiger Velvet 23 by Lee Jofa

...but it's still $900ish/yard and sort of greenish.

This Kravet version roll is at around $190/yard...

...but it's just not really the same...the pattern is less interesting I guess.

Anyhoo...any words of wisdom on this would be greatly appreciated.

My gut is telling me that a pair of pillows in the super luxe version might be my best/only hope but holy god...I'd give up quite a few things for a chair dripping in tiger goodness.

xo
Photobucket