My Living Room is on the Freaing COVER and #projectdining

I was minding my own business on Twitter yesterday when my friend Vanessa up and posted a sneak peek of the January issue of Style at Home...and then I proceeded to drop dead...


I mean I seriously almost had a heart attack.

That's my living room on the cover!!!!!

Holy shit.

I knew something was going to be on the there but for some reason, I just assumed it would be the kitchen.

To think that something I designed completely on my own was cover worthy...well, it just all makes me so incredibly grateful/humbled/ecstatic....so so honoured and amazingly happy.

A HUGE thank you to the amazing team at Style at Home who put my feature together...truly, this all means the world to me.

The issue is due to hit shelves on the 10th of December and comes complete with a pretty generous spread of my living room, foyer and yes...#pkg...there's also a little DIY feature on my poodle chairs and a hardware story of some kind.

So...if you are in the US and want to see it, click here to subscribe- I think it's about 25 bones for the year and definitely so so worth it...the magazine is absolutely my favourite shelter mag...not that I'm biased or anything;)

In other news...

Work continues on #projectdining.

I sent off the first official design board to my client yesterday...


...which included a modern/clean sort of look in shades of grey, white and black...with a little lilac thrown if as an accent.

Take note of the grey and brass chair on the top left...we scored a set of 4 of them on Etsy...


...for an incredible price...je suis in love.

Along with the chairs, we're thinking of a settee, modern lighting combo of some sort and I reeeeallly want the corner of the space to house that amazing Oly Studio bust, which is PS available for purchase over at Shop 219 and is PSS, at the VERY top of my Christmas 2012 with list...I mean I need that sucker in my house... bad.

I'd also love to see all three window walls completely covered in sheers...and a bar cart of course...every space needs one of those.

After sending the board off and apres a few email exchanges, we sorted out that the space wasn't big enough for an oval table, even though it was our first choice so instead, we're considering re-finishing an antique one my client already owns...I'm envisioning a raw wood finish like the one in the board below...we're also considering some other lighting plans...I'd love an antique chandy over the table and modern pendants in the kitchen.

Something like this...


...or this...


We shall see.

After putting this one together, I sort of want it all for myself.

For all you seasoned designer peeps, does that always happen?

Is being jealous of other people's plans a constant job hazard?

Hum...

Thinking this gig could be dangerous for my pocket book;)

And with that, I'll say ta for now.

Don't forget to enter my Charles Emerson giveaway if you haven't already...I know you want in on some of this action...



Draw happens tomorrow.

xo
Photobucket