#projectalreadyfabulous and a New One...#projectvicarious

Morning/happy last day of 2012.

What a year this one has been no?

So much good...some bad.

I for one am very much looking forward to 2013- it's the year my sweet little nugget boy is going to join our family.

Also, I plan on making a real go of this whole e-design thing next year...things on that front are busy busy for me right now and I have to tell you, I'm hearting it large.

I've got 4 projects on the go and they're all so different and so delightful.

I've got some updates on one and brand spanking new one to share.

1. #projectalreadyfabulous

We've made some great progress in the last few weeks.

The dynamo chairs are on their way...

Vintage Chrome Dining Chair
6 of them that is.

And, ah-maaazing vintage lamps have been purchased...



Is it me or are those not the most HEAVENLY lamps you've ever seen?

God I love a local Craigslist that supplies.

I also love a client who finds such things and loves them as much as I do.

Winning.

On top of that, the West Elm Souk is now in place...


...and looks as super duper fabulous as it always does.

Pretty sure it's the best rug to ever be mass produced.

We've also nailed down the styling for that pretty credenza...things are going to look something like this...


As for the living room, I think we've decided on this Osborne and Little Travertino fabulousity for the walls...


...and this piece of heaven for the ceiling...


We're also considering some vintage scone action and are loving these...


...and these...


Stay tuned.

It's going to add up to a love cake of modern mixed with vintage mixed with gorgeous.

Excited.

2. #projectvicarious

I'm calling this one the above because I'm basically putting together my dream living room.

Everything I've sourced and that we've decided it on is on my list of all time favourite furniture...to the point that I'm actually fairly very jealous.

The before shots alone of the space made me quite envious...




Hello blank gorgeous space.

Soooooo...feeling a little intimidated by the grandeur of the house, I came up with 32 design boards...that's right....32...nothing like lots of choice/inspiration to get the ball rolling;)

It all started with this guy...


...and went through many iterations...looking like these...







Until we worked through choices and decided on these two final contenders...

a. vintage daybed option...


b. settee option


Note a few things.

* windows are going to be painted black- happy dancing

* Dwell sofa in grey velvet- purchsed yesterday....yum...


* vintage settee- you know how I ALWAYS love that...thank you
 Black Rooster {PS...they're boxing day 25% off accessory sale ends tonight at midnight so get shopping!!!!}

* Barbara Berry drum table

* Made Goods shagreen and mirror coffee table - be still my freaking heart...


If could make out with a table, it would be that one.

* vintage lucite and mongolion lamb fur benches - again...I'd lick these bad boys if I could...


* Cubo side table - see a theme here...I'd die for a pair of these...


* doors into dining room will be hung on tracks and will look something like this...


...or this...


Want. It. All/ Can't farking wait to see it all come together.

So now...some input from you please.

 I'd love your two cents on which layout you prefer...we're still debating back and forth between the settee or daybed option...keep in mind that we're looking at either separating the living room and kitchen with a pair of chairs or a settee...and the dining room opening will either have chairs or a daybed in front of it...which scenario do you like better friends?  The settee is about 12" shorter than the daybed if that impacts your choice.

So...

[a]...


...or [b]...


What say you?

I'll sign off for now and eagerly await your responses;)

And...since it's New Years and all...I might back later tomorrow with a quickski post...or I might not- we'll see how it goes.

Since I can't drink or really eat these days, not sure what my night will entail...thinking I'll be doing more of the above until the clock strikes 12 and I wouldn't have it any other way;)

Happy, happy to you and yours and 2012-2013 smooches.

xoxo
Photobucket