#projectvicarious...and the Loves of My Life

Tuesday...woot.

It's a big week for my family- stuff is happening that I can't yet speak of but soon my lovenuts...soon;)

For now, it's time to update you on another project...vicarious that is.

Happily, decisions of the living room have officially been finalized.

This IS the board we're going with, complete with pillow selections...


A few things to note...the daybed from Black Rooster has been purchased- sooooo excited.

Also, we're perhaps going to try and get some art up on either side of the wall that leads into the dining room- going for femininity to balance out the grey furniture...thinking some combo of my lady favourites Leigh Viner and 
Jessica Rae Sommer...with pretty brass lights above.

Sadly, our fur stools got nixed by the hubster so instead, we're using this as inspiration...


...and ordering up a pair of these...

Set of 2 X-Benches / X-Stools - Design Your Own With ANY Fabric

...from this fabuloso Etsy shop that will custom make x-benches (or re-do virtually any type of furniture piece for that matter) in any size and or fabric...for a PS, AMAZING PRICE!

We're going with a blush linen and black piping- yumboats.

What else...the crazy good side tables were bought, along with a pair of vintage lamps my aces client found...


Turns out that client awesome is a solid good stuff locator...she also made a trip to one of Chicago's architectural salvage places to hunt for doors that could be hung on a brass track to separate the dining room and living room...when she sent me a photo of these bronze beauties, I started to weep...


...and proceeded to quickly email my 'knows everything and thank god I have him on my roladex guy' Tim, to ask what the skinny would be on fixing these beauts up.

Sadly, their bronze, which means they weight 10 zillion pounds...so, the cost of buffing the scratches and actually getting them hung, would be mucho.

So...instead, and with a slightly heavy heart, we're leaving those behind and buying stock doors that will magically transform into this sort of action...


Will be beuno.

What else?

We finalized the colour sheme.

We're going with BM Cloud White on the walls and built ins but painting the back of the shelves in BM Kendall Charcoal...


The colour scheme will follow into the dining room...a warmer BM White Down will go on the walls, and the ceiling will be finished in the same charcoal as the bookcase backs so that it all ends up looking like this...

black ceiling

PS...that house is actually for sale and is in my neighbourhood for goodness sakes- came across it on MLS the other day- too bad it's actually a weensy Victorian that's meant for empty nesters...and costs 1.7M:(((

Moving on...client fabulous also hired me to scope out a chandy for the dining room and I'm THRILLED to report that this was found via one of my favourite 1st Dibs storefronts,  Tom Gibbs...

Venetian Glass Chandelier

...and purchased for PS, less than 4 figures...be jealous, very very jealous- I sure as hell am.

We're on the hunt for the perfect medallion to set that baby off against the dark ceiling.

Hallelujah.

And finally, the famous West Elm Souk has been selected for the floor, Jayson gray chairs have been ordered, creamy white curtain panels have been specked and the Made Goods coffee table goodness will be ordered.

ALL GOOD GOOD GOOD.

So...now we move on to the 2nd floor and the client's daughter's room.

And you know how I LOVE doing little girl's rooms.

Here's the plan for little N's abode...


 Please note, that these fabulous built ins...


...will be painted in high gloss BM cactus flower...


...to look like the walls to the right- holy mother.

Ceiling will be that pale blue BM Sea Foam...we were originally thinking white with the trim but I've changed my mind and we're going Cactus on that too.

It's going to be puuuuuurdy!

So far, official purchase number one has happened...

Lucky little girl will get to sleep every night in this gorgeousness...

RESERVED FOR WINNIE

Don't you just love Etsy...so much goodness on there...I found this beaut HERE.

And for now, I think that's all I have to report on the #projectvicarious front.

I'll leave you with this little diddy just to put an extra big smile on your face.

I know I'm biased but I'm pretty sure these 3 people are all going to take over the world one day.

Adore x 5 billion million trillion...



Poodle kisses.

xo
Photobucket