Progress and Plans

Morning.

I've got lots on the go and a seemingly never ending list of to do's before my basement gets done in a few weeks and baby makes his grande appearance so...let's get right to it shall we:)

1. #projectvicarious

My fabulous client emailed me some painting progress shots and let's just say there's a reason it's called Project Vicarious...count me VERY jealous of this...


...and this...


Now let me just say that I can take zero credit for the millwork- that was already in place and damn...it's easily some of the best I've ever seen.

I am responsible, however for the BM Kendall Charcoal behind the bookcases and on the dining room ceiling...and just wait until you see what's going in that gorgeous medallion we picked up...yum, yum and yum.

2. #projectgetroomsreadyforkids

My wonder team of architect (again, if you need one in the GTA, wjbdesigns ((PS...check out his new blog for an architect's perspective on our little project)) is the bomb.business) and contractor extraordinaire (another shout out/recommendation...if you need ANYTHING done to your home, 'my Allen' is  who you need to know- the man can construct/fix/do anything...if you have a picture, he can make it happen sort of thing- incredible talent) have helped to get the project under way large styles.

We're already at the 'put humpty back together' stage, which means that yours truly is shopping.

I spent the morning yesterday with sponsor goddess Nina from 
Black Rooster Decor...she took me to a showroom to see what will be our sectional and it's soooo yummy....creamy ivory wool and down filled cushions...heaven.

I'm happily taking the floor model, which means it will be delivered this week, is an incredible dealio and just look at how pretty it is... 


...and speaking of purdy, that's Ms Nina herself...as you can see, I took the liberty of cropping myself out- for good reason I might add;)

Along with the sofa, I've also ordered 3 of these for the hallway (ceiling is too low for anything dangley)

Loading image ...

...and am contemplating lighting for the bathroom...check back tomorrow please to vote for your favourite of my sconces choices...NEED HELP!

In related news...

...this Made by Girl IKEA hack of sorts will be happening in the playroom...



...but we'll use marble for the top...my backyard table/chairs will sit in front of it, giving the kids/me/husband a place to play/work...


I'm thinking of taking my living room light fixture...


...a stinging it above the table...don't worry...if that happens, a Mouille knock off will take its place upstairs;)

 The opposite end of the room will see an antique fireplace surround being applied to a roughed in box...


...and painted white...the lucite bookshelves I showed you the other day will flank either side.

And the bestest news of all, I found an amazing pair of salvage doors for the laundry nook.

Once we paint these bad boys white...


...and install them on a hanging track, they'll totally and absolutely make the basement my favourite room in the house...I know it to be true...just you wait:)

The TV wall is still in question...no blinking idea what I'm doing there...might hold off and do some built-ins down the road...my brain is getting a little overwhelmed with all the decision making/baby coming stuff.  

Also, there's of course the ugly budget word to consider...I'm sticking hard to my original number...lots of creative spending is going to happen...and I'm only getting the bare essentials for now...the real decorating will happen slowly over time.

But for today, that's where we are.

And I'm THRILLED with the progress.

One day at a time right:)

xo
Photobucket