#projectgetroomsreadyforkids , a Bedroom Moodboard, a Preggers Shot and a Winner

This has been a loooong week in my books.

The basement is a total disaster zone and is stressing me out maximum like....after ripping down some walls, we've discovered that our original plan is mostly not possible...structural walls abound everywhere, even where they're not at all necessary so...it's likely going to be more of a prettification sort of deal, rather than a major reno.

The revised layout looks like this...


....and I'm actually very happy with it, even though the new laundry room no longer happens.

I like that the bathroom gets to be bigger and now has access from the bedroom.

And I enjoy how this plan is just easier, faster and MUCH friendlier on the  bank account.

But...it's still making my brain hurt...there is a new baby coming soon and I have to make soooo many decisions soooo quickly...it's mucho stressing me out.

Right now, I'm majorly torn about the built in situation and am sort of leaning towards not doing them at all...instead, I might focus on adding furniture that I can take with us, should we decide to jump ship and do the dream home thing.

Having said that, I've found these lucite bad boys online and a pair of them WILL happen.....


...and that makes me happy.

Also, the bedroom.

In the original plan, it was going to be a real office/sleeping combo but now the room is just to small to double duty it so I'm making it a sleeping room only, which means the black built in thing isn't happening.

Instead, I've come up with this...



...keeping in mind that it will mostly be used by my big girl when she's home from uni and will also serve as a guest room for the odds and sods visitor that comes by.

I figure I might as well embrace the cave like nature of the room and go dark...why not right?  The Flat Vernacular wallpaper is sort of the tone setter for the space now and I thoroughly enjoy it...again though, trying to sort out the whole invest vs move thing and well, you can't take paper with you so I don't know.

CONFUSED...

Dazed & Confused January 2010

VERY PREGNANT....


PS...this is another of my shots from the AMAZING Jodi Renee...I'll be doing a full 'reveal' post of my session on Monday:)))

For now though, I've got a winner to announce so congrats to...


...Nancy at Powell Bower Home...the Chinoiserie pillow is yours my friend!

Happy almost weekend reader pals.

xo
Photobucket