#projectgetroomsreadyforkids - Progress

Sorry for the no go post yesterday.

I was out all day with my architect extraordinaire sourcing windows for the basement and some storage goodness from IKEA.

Yesterday was a big day on the reno front because demo started.

Right now, things are looking like this...



i.e. very frightening.

We've actually already hit a hitch...this hallway wall...


...is/was slated to be moved out a couple of feet to make room for the laundry room, a larger bathroom and more space in the office/bedroom...

Sadly, it looks like it might be load bearing and well, I'm not sure what that means for the layout now...will keep you posted.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a few new inspirations.

1. I want the office room to be dark and moody...sort of a modern gentleman's library...




{via}

gloss

...built ins and lots of black lacquer...also very much enjoying the gold door fronts shown above.

2. The rest of the space is going to be done in white with tons of molding so that it looks sort of like an old Parisian apartment...the tension will come with tons of modern furniture.

So far, I've sourced out this sectional...


...a Barcelona like daybed...



...and this amazing rug...



 ...all from my favezies shop, Black Rooster.

I've also decided on some IKEA Pax action for the hallway...


...that will mix right in with some custom built ins that are a bit more ornate.

I'm hoping to also score some architectural salvage this weekend to balance it all out.

Would love, love, love a giant old display cabinet and some steel windows to use as sliding doors.

Crossing fingers that all of the above actually translates from my brain to reality...in budget I might add...oh and before baby arrives;)

Prayers please.

xo
Photobucket