Design Schizophrenia

Hi.

Are you getting sick of me talking about my own house all the time?

I'm sorry if so...just not much else on the brain these days, other than baby of course, who PS, seems WAY too comfy in the belly.

Anyhoo...

Yesterday saw lots happening around here.

For one, baseboard moulding got installed and it makes the basement look so much closer to being finished.

We also decided on this sort of situation for the wall opposite the fireplace...IKEA wall mounted kitchen cabinets hung on the wall with some type of counter put on top...

Made by Girl's version...


And Sarah of 219's take...

{PS, can we talk about how jealous I am that Sarah now owns the VC Trillion...pretty much my most coveted fixture EVER...she's also the lucky owner of the Jessica Sommer print that I've been lusting over for more than a year...jealz all around}


We're going to extend the top of the built in on both ends so that it forms two desks, since I now know for sure that my table won't fit down there...well it would but that would mean zero floor/play space for the kidlets.

My two new office chairs from Black Rooster/ sohoConcepts will swing in under the newly made desks...


...on either end.

EDIT...my amazing designer friend Hollie just popped over and there's already a new plan...dining table again happening in the open floor space and the IKEA floaters lining the entire hallway.

The opposite wall from the fireplace might now see something like this occuring...



...only the bookcases will be more closed storage.

I'm flip flopping like a bad tennis game but we'll blame that on preggers hormones and the crazy speed at which this basement is happening.

What else?

The hallway...considering this as the runner...

natural virgin wool carpet BENI OUARAIN berber rug from Morocco

...though I might be tempted to put that beauty upstairs because of its supreme awesomeness and use the West Elm Kasabah versions downstairs.

I'm also mulling over this Black Rooster guy for the play area...

Pictures of Turkish Olefin Rug

...though again, I've got an IKEA rug in the living room and it would seem silly to put this loveliness in the basement.

As you can likely tell, this whole underground reno has me feeling a bit design schizophrenic actually...I'm starting to like everything basement more than what's upstairs.

Like this guy for example...


I've been wanting Mr.Zeus forever and he just arrived yesterday...thinking of housing him in that fireplace box but again, the basement wins.

As a counter point, the upstairs staircase did get a new black paint job yesterday...


...and will see this runner being added soonly...


So all is not totally lost on the mainfloor.

Though...now I'm worrying the hallways is going to be entirely too black and white.

ARG.

Time to have a baby so I can take a much need house obsessing break.

xo
Photobucket