#projectgetroomsreadyforkids - Tile and Flooring!!!

** This post is brought to you by Home Depot Canada **

Woot...it's Friday.

PS, still haven't had a baby...I thought by #3, they'd practically just fall out...apparently I was wrong...according to my doctor, it doesn't look like that might happen in the next few days or even week:( 

ARG.

The good flip side of baby staying put is that alot of the work on the basement can continue and will be done by the time my family arrives next week...let's just hope baby does too so that people aren't just visiting for the sake of saying hi.

Anyhoo...the basement.

ALOT has happened this week and most of it centers on the amazing products that were supplied for the project from Home Depot Canada.

If you remember, the whole re-do began with my need for some new flooring.

After some shopping/sourcing/thinking, hubs and I decided on laminate, both for it's look and durability.

A quick trip to the Depot and this Hamford Oak , by Beaulieu Canada was chosen...


In real life, the boards are much wider, there's more grain and it's slightly darker.

Here are the progress shots of it being installed in the hallway...





The floor went in so fast and I'm BEYOND thrilled with how it turned out.

I love, love, love the grey tone and how it makes the basement feel so clean and fresh.

It's also very soft on the feet, thanks to the Eco-Cork foam underlayment from 
PXL Cross-Linked Foam...good, good stuff.

Along with the laminate, Home Depot also very generously supplied my tile for both the bathroom and laundry nook.

I knew I wanted all the walls covered, so decided on a Daltile's classic 

...and Sassi Bianca Polished Basketweave Marble , supplied by 
Anatolia Tile and Stone, for the bathroom floor...

 

As of right now, both are awaiting some dark grey grout action, but here's how it looks pre- filling...

1. Laundry




2. Bathroom



Mucho happiness.

If you had seen how dingy and gross that laundry area was before and how now, the tile makes it so clean and crisp...let's just say it's a MAJOR transformation.

VERY EXCITED...to say the least.

I have to take a second and thank not only Home Depot for the gorgeous product, but also National Installations Ltd. for their amazing work...the installation of the tile and laminate has been so seamless and the workmanship is impeccable!!!

And in other fun basement news, my sectional, desk chairs and side table are all being delivered today (thanks to Black Rooster) and the VC hallway lights (thanks 219) are also due to arrive.

The weekend will see the bedroom become at least slightly habitable, and my fireplace surround/gold bookcases will also be set in place.

So...next week will have some big progress updates...stay tuned!

{And PS, I promise the next set of updates will showcase some clearer photographs, thanks to my daughter's fancy camera that will be coming back from University with her when baby arrives...relying on my iphone for photos is becoming a bit long in the tooth as it were}

For now, have a fabulous weekend everyone and please think 'baby come out and meet the world' thoughts for mid-next week'...sometime in the Tuesday- Saturday range would be perfect;)

Gracias.

xo
Photobucket