Furniture, a Video and a Room

Morning friends.

It's a good one for me...my precious 6 week old did the impossible and slept from 7pm-2am last night...that's 7 straight hours my friend...admittedly, it was in the swing and I know when it comes time to sleep in a bed I'll pretty  much be back to square one but for now, I'm ecstatic to say the least...feel like I could take on the world today now that I've had about 6 hours of sleep...whole new woman I am;)

As for the rest of the weekend, most of it was spent shopping.

Saturday was largely dedicated to a very exciting meeting at one of the most heavenly furniture stores here in Toronto...there's news coming on that front but for now, I'll tease you with some of what's up at Barrymore...


...aka...

"...a place where furniture isn’t manufactured. It’s made by hand, made for generations (since 1919). We are committed to quality you can see: you can watch cutters, sewers and upholsterers with years of training, experience and dedication at work through the large windows in our showroom. Many of the more than 200 styles of Barrymore sofas and chairs are displayed in our Furniture Galleries adjacent to our Factory. A spacious Fabric Room with both natural and room lighting and thousands of fabric and leather samples is available for your convenience..."

This is high end/ridiculously fabulous/quality furniture my friends... investment pieces that can be totally customized and made to perfectly suite your space...gorgeousity everywhere.

A sampling of the goodies I saw/lusted after while there...

1. Can't you just picture this delicately feminine bed in a crisp and modern loft space? The contrast would be heavenly.


2. I'm feeling as though I NEEEEED this silk settee at the foot of my bed...SO gorgeous...I mean the shape...the fabric....sweet jesus.

3. Loving the ginormous scale of this table...hello dinner party of 12.

4.  Such a sweet little vignette ..would be so pretty in a very lucky little girl's room...or mine;)


And saving what I think are the best for last...

5. THIS...


I mean really...could you not drop dead over this...if only I had any place/budget for it ...and by 'it', I properly  mean 'confidante'...that's 'its' proper name...who knew...not me...what I did know/am now sure of, is that one day I will have a foyer or dressing room that perfectly suits one...totes my new life's ambition.

6.  This pink silk ikat...mixed with this sofa's lines...mixed with the neutral chinoiserie wallpaper....just stop it!


So yup....I saw MANY things I pretty much am dying/willing to sell body parts to own.

Moving on.

Sunday was spent shopping for kid's clothes...always fun.

And speaking of little ones, my daughter's TV show director posted this little video on Facebook the other day and since I know it will totally fix the Monday blues (if you suffer from those,) I'm posting for your viewing pleasure.


Hilarious.

And finally...check back later today for post #2...a little Mother's Day special of sorts.

PS...this room is EVERYTHING...


I want every single inch of it to be mine.

xo
Photobucket