Around Here....

I literally had the WORST sleep of my life last night...whatever plague I have is making me boiling hot one second and freezing cold the next...it's also forcing my face feel like it's had a rough go in a meat grinder.

Not cool.

And the worst part...I literally watched baby sleep his little heart out beside me...to be awake when he was off in zzzzz land...not OK.

Anyhoo...on a much happier note, today marks Jasper's 2 month birthday...


I seriously can not believe he's this big already...sad mommy.

Thankfully, his sweet expressive face makes EVERYTHING OK.








In other 'me' news...unrelated to precious boy...stuff has been happening with #projectgetroomsreadyforkids

As you know, the whole renovation started with Home Depot coming to the rescue...they supplied the stunning grey laminate flooring that runs through the hallway, bedroom, main living area and laundry nook...the subway tile that lines the laundry and bathroom walls, and the marble mosaic flooring for the bathroom, are also Home Depot specials...I literally couldn't be more thrilled with all of it.

When it comes to renovations, Home Depot really does have so many amazing products...from their special order department to their in stock loveliness, there's goodness a plenty.

My incredible contractor, architect and painter have been busy ever since the Home Depot supplies were delivered and as of now, we're seeing an end final reveal getting very close.

My painter was here yesterday and gave a bunch of stuff the black treatment...





The floating wall cabinets in the hallway {I'm debating those wall shelves... might take them out and just hang some artwork...flip flopping}are about to get some white quartz tops and the laundry sliding door is getting its etched frosted glass installed before the weekend...very excited on both fronts.

And as for next steps...we've got these things on the list...

1. finish laundry area with countertops and cabinetry.
2. construct built ins for TV area above Barcelona bench or...for the wall opposite the TV...debating which wall I want this on.
3. load toys and crap back in:(
4. connect gas line to make working fireplace...we hadn't planned on doing this right away but I think if we are going to really spend time down there, it's got to be warmer and this seems the easiest way to make that happen.

And then...it's just some more accessorizing, art hanging, zhushing etc.

On that front, the Moroccan Shag rug I ordered from RugsUSA arrived and I couldn't be happier with it...


...it's such a lovely creamy white and silky as all get up...helps with the cold issue too.

I'm really quite thrilled with how the new basement is coming together and very excited to get 'er done so I can take pictures with a real camera and show you all the finished goods.

And now that the basement is almost there, we're starting to get a few other house jobs checked of the list.

For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you've seen pics of my new hood...and if you're not over there, here she is in all her white boxy glory...


...exactly what I wanted...happy, happy.

Next jobs re: house: moulding work in the foyer and on the living room ceiling; new white paint for the living room walls; a new roof (steel, enviroshake or cedar I think,) new windows (white,  black????) and perhaps a siding re-do (god help me when I have to decide on that)...or we could just move...

...which = THE NEVER-ENDING DEBATE...fark.

xo
Photobucket