Up in the Hood

I've been rattling on about my stove hood for over a year now...basically ever since #projectkitchengorgeous was complete...there was just something about the stainless steal option that didn't jive with me...I wasn't in love with how the marble backsplash was wider than the hood...or how the top floating shelves had nothing to ground them or run into.

So...I started looking at other options.

There were thoughts of brass...



...but my space already has quite a big of gold goodness going on and I didn't want to overdo it.

So...I moved to white and went through some traditional triangular like options...



...but they didn't seem to quite fit either...too expected maybe for my slightly off kilter kitchen.

I also briefly considered a super modern option after seeing these spaces...

via 


...but without the glossy cabinets to go such a hood, it too was a no go.

So...I kept thinking and decided on something uber simple to offset the frivolity of the rest of the space, gathered inspiration...









via 

...and had my contractor extraordinaire make it happen.

The Instagrammed before...




...and the after...



...minus the pretty pink flowers;)

The hood still needs a coat of paint and some calking but you get the idea.

I'm THRILLED with how it looks...love how the top shelf now buts into something and adore how the hood now stretches across the entire width of the marble.

I think this shape adds a nice hit of modernity and echoes the shape of the waterfall island really well.

So yes...pleased as punch.

xo
Photobucket