A New Client #projectlocal...and a Guest Post

Well hello.

I hope you all had a fab weekend.

Mine was good and long- love a holiday Monday.

The fam and I enjoyed our annual Canada Day festivities yesterday...


...though I felt like 40 bags of crap for most of the day...the mid- day glass of wine I had did not agree with my very sleep deprived body at all.

Anyhoo...twas a fun day...especially since we shared it with our bestie neighbours...


...whose mom is the very talented Hollie...aka The Pink Zipper/Pillotopia { PS, her fabulous pillow shop is having an AMAZING 65% sale right now so that she can clear everything out an make room for newbie stuff so buy, buy, buy my friends}.

And speaking of, I'm actually guest posting over there today as part of her...


...series.

So if you want to find out 25 weird facts about me, click HERE.

In other weekend news, I spent Sunday downtown meeting a fabulous new local client...wohoo!

And let me tell you, I'm beyond inspired by the space/clients I get to work with.

For the home, think vintage mid-century bunglow with giant windows that look out on an absolutely stunning tree canopied lot, herringbone floors, and buckets of charm.

On top the building, there's also a selection of incredible furnishings that were passed on to the family from their grandparents...think giant chunky lucite table, low slung wood framed sofas, silk Persian rugs...you get the idea;)

And as for the clients themeselves, the Mrs had me at hello when she said she wanted something quirky and eclectic...she even mentioned the words "Alice in Woderland" in reference to how she saw the living room shaping up...hooray, hooray, hooray.

So...with all that in mind, I set home and have basically been madly designing ever since.

Using all of their existing pieces that we want to keep, I've come up with this for the living room...

The tufted sofa is new and will stay...the blue is my client's grandmother's sofa that we'll re-upholster in blue velvet...the lucite table and rug are also already hers and duh, we'll be keeping those...aside from that, everything else is new...I really wanted to keep what was there and make the space a little quirky but still sophisticated...this is actually the style of room I love most- totally looks collected over time and although it's elegant, it's got a bit of edge as well.

 I'm sooooo hoping she loves because I need this room to happen.

Along with the formal living area, we're also doing some finessing in the family room.

With this space, we're going for a more relaxed/family friendly feel...we'd like to get some built in action happening and will work with my clients pistachio coloured sofa, grey floral rug and white iron sphere chandelier to create this comfortable goodness...


The room is connected on one side to the back of the house, which is lined with a row of 5 windows...we'll have custom romans made...my contractor extraordinaire will take care of the bookcases and the rest is just happy little additions that pull it all together (those KW velvet pillows made an appearance in my last #projectnordic project...just can't get enough of them).

And finally, we've got plans to totally re-do the bedroom and make this sort of thing happen...


So hoping she loves it all...I'm goody goody gumdrops excited about all of it.

xo
Photobucket