I'm Back With a Vaca Photo Bomb

After WAY too much driving these past few days, we're officially home from vacation.

Unfortunately, my phone crapped out while we were away so my pictures are few and far between- turns out that relying on your husband to capture life's important events isn't the best strategy:(

Anyhoo...I do have some thanks to being able to steal other people's on FB and the like.

Many of these vacation ones are from my Instagram feed so if you follow there, sorry for the redux...

Our trip started with a 13 hour drive on day one thanks to absolutely NO hotel rooms being available anywhere in a 800 km radius- absolutely nutzoid...thankfully, we finally found one room in Edmundston, NB- unfortunately, it only had one bed and there was only once cot left in the place so with the 5 of us, this is what happened...


...good memory making time for surezies.

Day two of driving was quick since we pulled such a long haul on numero uno...we were in good spirits...


Once we hit the Confederation Bridge, which is PS, the longest bridge over ice covered water in the WORLD (and no it's not ice covered most of the time...Canada doesn't mean the North Pole)...


...I was pretty ecstatic because I knew this heaven...


...was just around the corner.

My fam jam and I enjoyed 1.5 weeks of much relaxing and kid funning...


...Daddy and Jasper spent alot of time in the hammock.


Malcolm found his new happy place on that bungy thing...was doing flips and aerials by his second time on the thing...might have a gymnast on my hands, which would be weird because we seem to have passed on zero athletic prowess to our kids in general...Scarlett not so much re: bunging...


...or rolling around in giant heat bubbles either...



...though I really don't blame her on that front.



Grampa was their favourite beach/lbbster dinner eating partner.


Daddy was resourceful in his methods for being able to relax and drink with babes in tow.


We got a total of one family shot.




Kids got their amusement park fill for the year.

And aside from one incident where my little red found herself in a bumper boat and unable to steer and get herself back to the dock, which PS, created one ginormous panic attack for both her, us and my parents, the trip was amazingly special for all  of us...such good family time.

I miss this place already...



The trip back was a little hectic but no less packed with memory making.

On Thursday, we left PEI, boarded the ferry...


...which PS, the boys clearly got a giant charge out of...




{Scarlett wasn't quite so enamored...she appreciated the kids play area though, where she had fun telling the bunch of little kids that seemed to surround her what to do/play etc.;}


...and drove up to Sydney, NS for some sight seeing- 





...but sadly, the most comfortable bed I've ever had the privilege of lying in was put to shame when babes wanted to party most of the night:(  


Our view there though was incredible and worth the trip alone.


As was the fact that my new most favourite white wine ever was offered up at their restaurant at a super duper great price...


...the stuff is like wine candy people- so yummers.

On Friday, we dove down to Beddeck (which is one of the most charming little seaside towns I've ever been too) to...


 ...to celebrate the wedding of my cousin Peter (he's actually my second cousin or 1st once removed...never sure how that works...my family is teensy and because I only have 1 actual cousin, Peter and his sister Erin have always been cousins in our books) and his lovely new wife Lori...



...the setting was beyond gorgeous- so so pretty.


While there, we also got to meet my other cousin Erin's (Peter's sister) brand spanking new baby Jack...


...and he is SO precious!  

Seeing a newborn again, well you know what that did...baby numero 5 for the win perhaps...not likely but this girl can dream;)

On a side note, Beddeck also gave me my newest obsession...


...aka this ceramic, clip-less curling iron...basically, you use the glove that comes with it to wrap your hair around the barrel...it's SO quick and easy to use and gives my hair the perfect natural little wave I'm always after...


...lurv it.

We left Beddeck on Sunday morning and did another 13 hour leg to arrive just outside of Quebec City...we ended up staying at a gorgeous hotel that had this super duper fun restaurant that the kids got a giant charge out of...


{Ignore gross me...that's what happens after 13 hours in a car with no shower}


...the dinner pod was interesting to be sure...changed colours every minute of so...kids lurved it...baby no so much.

We woke up the next morning and headed to Montreal...sadly, while away, my daughter's grandfather passed away.  We were so saddened by the news but were so thankful that the funeral was held on Monday so that we could attend on our way back home...


...Natasha's family has always been so incredibly kind and gracious to me so I was honoured to be able to there and celebrate the life of her granddad...from my short visits with him over the past 8 years, I was able to enjoy many amazing conversations and insights...such a true gentleman who will be very very missed.

Though we were only in Montreal for a few hours, it helped me remember how much I love it there...so so pretty...


...I made a mental note that a trip there with more time is long over-due...this rug shop alone convinced me a return voyage is necessary...


Pretty, pretty.

The trip back from Montreal was a long one because of weather, traffic and construction...we didn't get home until after midnight and were up the next morning at the crack of dawn for something very very special.

Because it deserves its own post, I'll leave yesterdays events for tomorrow's post...here's a little teaser though...


...amazing, amazing.

Again, more on all that news tomorrow.

For now, I'll sign off because this post has morphed into a very long photo-bomb and kids are inquiring about breakfast and such.

Oh but before I go...my dear friend Tim just posted a tour of my house as part of his...



...series.

I'm so so honoured that he chose my home to feature and by his incredibly kind words- he's just the sweetest ever.

Click HERE to read his review:)))

And with that, I'll say byes for now.

Missed you all and happy to be back.

xo
Photobucket