Guest Post- 'Dream Land' a la Tim Lam / Design Maze...and a Winner...and a Baby

Well...it's Monday.

Four things to note:

1. We close on our new house/lot today...wooooohooooooo....let the official dream house planning begin...on that note, my architect and I are meeting again today, along with the stucco guy...yes, the new house will be mostly stucco...of the white variety;)

2. I didn't draw for the winner of my giveaway last night (will do so at the bottom of this post)...which leads me to numero trois...

3. My dream baby in every way has completely stopped sleeping...like he literally wakes up every 30 minutes, which means I boobed him about 10 times last night...which means he sucked the life force completely out of me...which means I'm brain dead...which leads me to number 4...

4. My adorable/dear/sweet friend Tim....



...from Design Maze...

Design Maze

... has swept in like the superhero he is and whipped up an AMAZING post for all of you to enjoy, so that I can allow my brain a little re-coup time....chances are any post by me today would be of the gar-bajjjj variety, thanks to noted brain/force depletion.

Anyhoo...Tim is one of my absolute favourite people in the universe. His blog posts are always incredibly inspired and loaded with pretty. On top of that, he's an awesomely talented designer who does things like this....

glam-powder-room-print.jpg



- all photos via Style at Home-

...and most importantly, he's literally one of the most supportive and kind people I've ever met...yes indeed...he's definitely on my fave list.

So...without further ado...sit back and enjoy his positively dreamboat post...

.......

Hello Friday and friends at Bijou and Boheme! I am very excited to be here today and share with you my ideas of a dream space to lounge, work, and rest inspired by our stylish fashion & design icon, Christine Dovey.  Her work is truly exceptional, and I admire Christine for her design approach: go with what you love and zero compromise.

I have been spying on her recent projects and may I just say I am with love with this woman! If Christine and I are living together, this is how our place may look like and I call it the "Dream Land".

images via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4

When I think of Christine, the first hue comes to mind is pink.  To combine her love of shiny brass with the delicate blush, I welcome you to the land of rose gold.  This sizzling hot and trendy metallic finish is definitely my favourite design element at the moment.  The pale pink undertone adds depth and charm compare to its warm yellow cousin.  Here is the dream office I put together for Christine.  It is all about luxe, glam, and drama, and I hope it inspires this design genius for many more delicious projects to come.

images via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7

After a long day of work, there is nothing more relaxing and rejuvenating than lounging on a super comfort settee with a glass of wine for a cozy moment.  In this episode of Dream Land, I am dreaming a soothing palette of creams and natural wood, embellished with a handcrafted sofa in distressed antique gold, tuxedo styled pillows, a statement coffee table in brushed brass and glossy black, and of course a luxurious copper-hued faux fox throw for an extra shot of texture and comfort.

images via 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6

It is now time to check out the bedroom.  To infuse the romantic, feminine elements Christine loves, my jumping off point is this sumptuous upholstered bed with beautiful nailhead detail.  To contrast this curvaceous silhouette, I am partnering the bed with a pair of angular lucite beauties with brass accent.  These nightstands are high in style and they offer ample of surface for books and a couple glasses of wine perhaps.  And the juxtaposition of femininity and masculinity continues with a pair of rose gold lamps by Nate Berkus and spectacular horn mirrors available at 219.


For a dramatic backdrop, I am layering in this Gracie Studio wallpaper.  To ground the overall light and airy palette, this graphic ink and cream Nixon rug is a definitely winner!  Add a starburst inspired chandelier and a pair of 
lucite stools at the foot of the bed, this bedroom is ready to meet Christine!    

I hope you enjoy the Dream Land I put together for Christine and it is truly my pleasure to meet you all today at Bijou and Boheme.  Thanks Christine for having me today and more importantly, for inspiring me with all your beautiful work.  I look forward to see you all again soon!

.......

What did I tell you?

Tim. is. the. best.

And I need that Gracie wallpaper somewhere.

And that first board nails what I want for the new house.

And so does the lounge.

And so does the office...though boo on that front, I'm giving that room to husband...figure the new house should probably have a little less pink and a little more boy parts.

......

Now back to the much anticipated Friedasophie giveaway winner.

A humongous congrats to...


...taletrader, these gorgeous crystal cluster earrings are yours!

Chrystal Quartz Cluster Earrings - 14k Gold Filled

.......

And finally, one more little tid-bit.

We were away when Jasper baby turned 5 months so I haven't posted his monthly shot yet...he's actually going to be 6 months next week so I figured I better get on that train.

Here he is at 5 (though the picture was taken a little late at 5.5;)


...re point #3, it's a good thing he's so damn cute.

xo
Photobucket