The Dream House Diaries - Style Inspiration

I don't know about you but I'm pretty happy it's Friday...this has been one of those weeks where there literally aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done.

Happily, one of the things that has been taking up alot of my time is a little hashing and plotting...



...a la #projectdreamhouse.

And on that note, I thought it time for some...



...action.

One of the things architect Wallace and I have been mulling over a lot is the exterior elevation ideas and finishes.

As part of this dialogue, we've been really trying to nail down the inspiration that is going to spearhead our final 'look'.

To that end, I of course have been scouring Pinterest and the interwebs for ideas.

And after some deliberation back and forth, we really sort of hammered out the feel we are after.

Basically we want to birth a sweet and pretty love child between the kind of thing you might find in Holland Park and/or Chelsea, UK...

pretty chelsea
via

Holland Park
via

Holland Park
via

Chelsea (London) was my old neighborhood!
via

Holland Park
via

...and an edgier, rougher, and more modern design...












via

...only hopefully for substantially less than the 12M pound price tag that goes along with this number;)

Stay tuned to see if we pull that one off.

And speaking of following along for the new house ride, me and the architect have decided to do a little joint blogging action...so that you get to see the whole process from both a designers and architect's perspective.

I'll be giving you a formal introduction on Tuesday but for now, mull on this...


...and check back every Tuesday for that sort of business.

xo
Photobucket