A Few Things...Including the Charity Water Project

1. My dog's surgery went well yesterday.

She's home now with a droppy lip and very tired eyes but she should be fine.

Thank you so so much for all the doggy well wishes...they helped:)


2. I'm spending this weekend making an art wall out of pieces I either took out of storage or stole from other rooms...


See all that open space up there...well it's soon going to be covered with arty goodness.

I might add a few new pieces as well.

Like this one...

Prufrock 1

from artist Emma Leonard.

And this one...

Pink Rococo Romance Print

from the fabulous Debbie Carlos.

PS...A huge thanks to Naomi for the art wall ideas and inspiration shots...very helpful!!

3. I can't decorate for Christmas until the exciting secret event happens at my house on the 20th.

I'm trying to figure a way around this...considering a tree in my daughter's room or in the play room downstairs...or as Meredith suggested, perhaps this will be the year of the Kitchen Christmas- ha!

In the meantime, I put up a wreath on the front door.

It's plain and simple.... flocked in white with pale pink silk ribbon...


4. My daughter came home yesterday looking a little like this room...

Pinned Image

At first I had a full blown crazy mother panic attack thinking that my house was infested with bed bugs.

Seriously.

I lost it a bit.

Thankfully, that is not the case.

Hallelujah.

Instead...she's got the pox...and this after having the shot.

Apparently that means it will be less severe.

That's good news.

The bad news is that my 3 year old has not had the shot.

Happy days people, happy days.

4. I'm taking part in the Charity Water project, organized by the ridiculously awesome Lauren, of 

You might remember this from last year.

Basically, Lauren set up a site so that you, me and everyone we know can donate whatever we can to help people who need access to clean drinking water get it.

Watch this...


If you can donate $5...that's PS, the cup of a Starbucks coffee...that will make a difference.

The goal this year is to raise $5000 and with that a well that helps provide water to 250 people can be built.

That is big my friends...big.

You can also donate directly by going HERE.

Of course, buttons can also be added to your blog to help spread the word...you can swipe the one of my page, the Charity Water site or from Lauren.

Let's do this people.

Your heart will feel good and people who deserve clean water will have some.

And with that...have a splendid Thursday.

xo

Photobucket