Hair Today, Red Tomorrow?

It may come as a shock to some of you, but that lovely being in my header is not yours truly...the settee is mine but sadly, not the face;)

I always giggle when people seem surprised when I tell them this...truly, if I looked like that, pretty sure I'd be on a plane to Milan/making millions...not sitting in my half made bed with semi-cold coffee and a laptop all up in my face;)

The girl in the shot is actually Karen Elson.

She's reeeeeeal purdy...

Pinned Image

...and I like her hair...

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Those of you have been following my Twitter and Instagram feeds already know that on the weekend, I went to the hairdresser with the hopes of a BIG hair change.

Let me give you a little background info...

I've been highlighting my brains out since the tender age of 13...and let me just say, that means (and I realize this is going to date me) that I started the process in its infancy...you know (if you were say born in the 70s)...when it was a plastic cap, a hook and eye/needlepoint tool, and your hair being pulled through tiny holes...yup...not pleasant...anyhoo...point is, I've been doing it for a LONG time.

I did a little math last week...hold your hats folks...if I use $150 as rough estimate for each highlighting visit (and I realize it was less in 1987 when I started but it's way more now so I figure it evens out)...and multiply that by 6 times/year...and then hit the equal sign....

*****$21, 600*****

No other made up word for it than fucksticks.

So, I'm over it.

Officially.

It's time for some greener...or in this case... redder pastures (or don't I wish, pinker) pastures.

If highlighting is out, I need  to dye the whole bloody thing.

So...I went to the hairdresser and came out of the little consult with a firm plan...and it looks like this...


Pinned Image

Pinned Image

...with our well beloved header friend/shot being my top colour inspiration...


According to Meredith, I'm supposed to ask for copper auburn...with emphasis on the copper...no dark magenta or brownish red can happen with this girl...I've gone dark once before and let's just say, not so much...cadaverous on my pale white see-through skin.

Now the good news with this plan is that I come from a long line of redheads and was in fact a ginger until I was about 7...my family is either cursed with muddy ashy blondish brown or gorgeous red...I'm sick of being the former...sick of it I say.

So...today at 4 pm, this cat is going rouge.

Apparently it's going to take 3 hours and if I want blonde back, I'll have to wait almost 2 years for it to be possible again.

Yikes.

I feel good about the decision though...variety is the spice of life right...and it's only hair- I've never been one to get too hung up on changing it out every once and a while.

In fact, if I was 27 instead of 37, I would SO be going this route...

Pinned Image

...oh how I'd love to be able to pull off pink hair- if ever there was a person who'd embrace the thought, it's me, me, me...and I'm not talking tips...

Pinned Image

...though they are quite enchanting.

I do like the idea of blonde, blonde with pale pink highlights...something like this...

Pinned Image

...only all pale pink rather than blue.

Or...why not throw balls to the wall and just go all out...candy floss pink ladies and gentleman...

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

If an Olsen can do it...

Pinned Image

Crap that logic sooooo doesn't work...I think they were born in 1986 or some shit like that...and they're you know...superstars/rich/gorgeous....yadda yadda...bitches.

Anyhow...the point is I can't do pink because I'd look ridiculous with candy floss hair and crow's feet...plus hubster would likely draw the line on my pink obsession if it transferred to hair...damn him and my ever advancing age.

 Red it is...wish me god speed please.

I'll be back with snapshots of the 'after' goodness...god(s) willing...tomorrow...pray for me please.

xo

Photobucket