Weekend Makes and Buys

Hello there peoples...it's Monday, which means weekend re-cap time.

For me, it was 2 days of creating and buying.

To start, I painted...alot.

I'm still working on my little shop, and hope to open this week- just trying to sort out shipping, packaging yadda yadda...in any case, these sorts of things will be available for purchase very soonly...




...very excited:)

Besides #winkofpink painting, I also did a little DIYing this weekend.

I took an old store bought printed canvas I had in the basement...


...and softened it up by changing all the goldy-yellow to soft mint...I also white-washed the whole thing...


...and like it a whole bunch more than I did before.

This art makeover actually brings me to little tipski...sometimes you'll see some cheap art an not enjoy the colour or the fact that it's a mass produced piece of art poo...not to worry dear hearts, you can always buy it up and paint over it...I've done it more than once and am always pleased as much with myself...this particular piece cost me less than the canvas would have been at an art store so all in all, a pretty good delio.

I still always encourage buying original art but this DIY/paint over it option can also work... especially when you're looking for something large sized.

Moving on.

Aside from the painting storm, I also did some shopping.

The fam jam and I travelled up to my parents house a few hours away and within minutes of arriving, my mom and I had left the men in charge of the kidlets and ventured out in search of things to buy.

I picked up some gold goodness wedges...


...and this very weird fat baby/chia-pet planter...


...who obviously needs his plant toupee to happen...he's looking quite naked at the moment.

It was a good couple of days all in all....so hope yours was peachy too.

xo

Photobucket