Art for the Holidays...and #projectbaby

I just discovered that one of my most lovey dovey art resources is offering up an amazing holiday special, and thought I should share...


Turns out that Saatchi Online has commissioned 65 pieces of artwork (paintings, etchings, drawings, photographs and limited edition prints), all measuring 12x12, just so you can make gift giving way more fabulous...and what's better, prices start at just 100 bones.

I did a quick scan and found some of this yummiliciousness...








My absolute favourite one is this number...

{Safari Breakfast by Amelia Midori Miller, Outlook by Cécile Van Hanja, Second Nature by Matthew Rose, The Yellow Field by Rachael Adams, Way Up High by Claire Desjardins, Living Parallel to an Infectious Pigment by Tran Nguyen, Spawn Mask III by Kazuya Tsuji, and Noise of the Waves by Phillip Schumacher. Courtesy of SaatchiOnline.com}

It's SO going to happen in #projectbaby.

And speaking of that/since I can think of little else, I stumbled across another possibility on the wallpaper front.

After reading your comments yesterday, it's clear that there is a split on the Tanzania/wild wallpaper debate...though I was thinking the later had more staying power, many of you aptly pointed out that a 15 year old probably wouldn't want dots everywhere either...and since it would be on all the walls, that would be even more a pain to change.

So...I'm sort of stumped.

But...I did come across this Anthro mural and it has something about it I really quite love...



...likely that it reminds me of the vintage maps room that I've always been smitten with...

paris map wallpaper #paris #map #wallpaper

The mural would cover the entire front wall where the crib is going and would change the plan to something along these lines...


Some differences:

1. I added some fabric options from this Etsy shop that a reader linked me to.

2. This rocker option that the very sweet/talented Sarah from 219 directed me too...PS, it's brass/like new condition/$65.

Kijiji: Brass and Rattan Rocking Chair

Now I still love my original one most of all but at this price, I might have to bite the bullet on this guy and use my savings for some other goodness.

Sidenote...I just linked over to 219 to get the link for this post and discovered this incredibly sweet post re: my baby news...I'm telling you...if you don't already read this blog, you are missing out on complete and utter fabulosity...not only do Sarah and Christine have incredible style, but they are infinitely supportive and just so damn kind...have known them for such a short time and already count them as such sweet friends.

3. I switched out the rug for a large leopard one (PS, thanks Nichole for that genius!), which would eliminate my plan to do leopard runners on both staircases, which I might be OK with if I can find out how to get my hands on this...

kelly wearstler. stair runner rug.

Anyone?

4. Maybe some Corona Star action on the ceiling...which also makes me consider grass cloth on the walls instead of murals and the like.

Clearly I'm ALL over the place on this one.

Anyhoo...back to my original post/sorry for the baby tangent/I promise this blog isn't going to turn into all bambino all the time....

You can see the entire selection of Saatchi holiday artwork HERE...enjoy and buy some up- I'll be proud.

xo
Photobucket