Feeling Busty

If you're reading this on Wednesday morning, you can feel sorry for me because I'm currently sitting at the lab doing the 3 hour glucose tolerance test and I feel like ASS.

To make the whole thing tolerable, I'm dreaming of one of these guys....


If you saw my wish list from yesterday, you know that I'm lusting deeply over this Oly Studio large bust...

I want it in a LARGE LARGE way.

The lovely Sarah over at 219 has the verdigris version in her living room...

Black Christmas Tree | Two One Nine

...and it looks SO good...the size/scale of it is just ah-maze.

WANT.

I'm totally of the mind that busts add the perfect whimsical element to any space...especially when they're large.

They're delightful in a...

Bust

...or on a fireplace...

#bust

...with lipstick on and surrounded by uber fabulous modern art/sconces/walls...

bust, art

...on bars...

JFK Bust

(espcially when the bar is snakeskin and the head is JFK)

...as part of some KW genius...

KW

Kelly Wearstler | The Coveteur

...as a jewelry display conduit...

bust jewelry display

...as a simple but almost graphic vignette accessory...

Bust

...and for extra whimsy, in neon form...


a neon bust
{all can be found here}

I'm most especially fond of some bust action in an otherwise very modern space...just so unexpected.  And although my house isn't exactly crisp and super mod, I have a spot ready and so waiting for the gent above.

Thinking he'd like this black granite pedestal...

Modern Black Granite Pedestal Cube Desplay base

...or maybe one of these mirrored guys...

Mid Century Regency Mirrored Stands

Has to happen.

Before I let you go and run off to puke up the hideous orange pop I just had to chug, a little note about the kitchen pictures...turns out I'm going to have to re-take a bunch and since my good camera is off with the daughter at uni, I'll have to wait until next week to post- she's coming home on Friday so I'll snap up a bunch and promise, promise they'll be up Monday.

xo

Photobucket