Thinking About 7 - #8

Morning friends.

I've got 7 things today to throw by you...

1.  A huge thanks for all the sweet comments on yesterday's post about my daughter's TV show...in case you missed it, you can now watch the trailer on YouTube...



2.  I saw this on Pinterest this morning...


via

...and it has me fantasizing about the dream home again...adore the chevron floors, ornate architecture and modern finishes...also love that very simply range hood...I talked it over with my contractor the other day and we're moving ahead with a similar one in #projectkitchengorgeous...debating between white (drywall) or marble...


via

My first choice would be the later but it's obviously more expensive and I'm a little worried about matching the existing marble.

In any case, I hope to have this done in the next few weeks so stay tuned;)

3. #projectcottage is in the works.

I'm using this shot...


via

...as inspiration for the kitchen.

I LOVE the idea of a giant antique wood butcher block island...only I'll have mine at table height so that it can also serve as our table...want something large so that it can seat at least 10.

I'm also fond of the blackboard idea in a cottage kitchen and of course, will definitely be doing some open shelves.

Oh and I love the black sink.

4.  You know I love fashion illustrations and as much as I've been trying to 'boy up' my house a bit, I find myself always drawn to girly art.

Discovering the works of Elisa Mazzone has not helped the situation...






In. love/might need that last number.

5.  Speaking of art/things I want...



...one of these guys from artist Liz Toohey-Wiese/Etsy shop Ex Libris...her pieces are fitting right in with my current love of all things textural and fluffy...similarly, I'd LOVE some of this action....



As you can see, I'm All about this sort of thing as of late...which leads me to #6...

6.  Do you think it's possible to have too many Beni Rugs/shags in one house?

I'm still debating rugs for the basement and of course, my number one choice is this  Morrocan Shag from Rugs USA...



I like the idea of something cuddle on the laminate floors...basements are cold and this guy feels like it would instantly warm the space up...the fact that it's currently 50% off doesn't hurt its cause either.

But...I've got a Flokati in the nursery, the West Elm Souk in Scarlett's room, and a Moroccan Beni runner in the foyer...would 4 fluffies be too much?

7.  More important than all of this...praying for the people of Boston and Texas...such a tragic few days.

xoxo
Photobucket