Weekend Finds and a Change of Plans

Hello friends.

I hope you all had a bueno weekend.

Mine was busy but swell...mostly because I did a lot of sourcing/shopping and well...some REAL goodies were landed upon.

First, after hitting one of my favourite local antique haunts and taking a few pictures of vanity options for my Little Miss client, I turned the corner on my way out and spied some gold and pink hiding from behind a bed frame...upon closer inspection, this piece of total Bijou heaven was unveiled...


...and my knees proceeded to buckle.

It literally is the prettiest piece of furniture I've ever laid eyes on...and the best part, it's a kid-height wardrobe full of shelves on one side and an open section on the other...perfection for my Scarlett's new room since it's technically not a bedroom and has no closet...this thing HAS to be mine...seriously.

Now...since I have no option but to purchase this...really, I can't not...some of my other plans have to change.

For one, Orangie is out...I just can't do two budget benders in one room so, I spent the weekend looking for alternatives.

After showing the 6 year old endless options the only one she admitted to liking as much as fair Orangie, turns out to be one of my long time faves...


...Petal Pusher.

I'm happy with the choice, though I was really trying to sell her on this Flavor Paper...


You win some you loose some...the gold works better with all the pink furniture anyway so it's all good.

So...Now...this wallpaper change sort of makes my original multi-coloured/eclectic dressing room idea fly out the window.

Instead, I'm going to make the place more in keeping with the rest of the house...aka...pink, gold and black.

This is the new plan...

It involves:

1. Petal Pusher on the walls
2. White silk curtains with black ball fringe
3. Her existing bed, which in my perfect world I'd change but so it goes
4. The IKEA malm console that I re-did for the One of a Kind Show...it will go at the foot of her bed...this glorious pink moire chair...


...will sit behind it...and PS, that chair is going to be mine thanks to the amazing new store that the fabulously talented ladies over at 219 are opening...if you haven't checked out their preview of what's to come, you are missing out my friends and must get on it immediately...SO MUCH GOODNESS!!!!  
5. The wardrobe bliss will go on the one full height wall beside the door
6. Two new modern/acrylic side tables...have to find these for next to nothing so if anyone has any ideas on that front, I'm all ears
7. The pair of figural lamps I bought last year will stay...LOVE them
8. I just stumbled upon this pink sofa heaven on Craigslist...

...and you'll be mad if I tell you how cheap it is so I won't...hopefully the dude emails me back quickly and tells me it's still for available- cross fingers please
9. A vintage Moroccan wedding blanket...though I really want one of these for my own room so we'll see
10. A Venini chandelier because every room needs one
11. A few open gold dressing racks
12. The West Elm Souk rug that I've been wanting forever...well, S gets it and we brought it home yesterday since there was a 15% of sale happening...

...and PS, if you're considering this rug for your very own, let me just tell you that it's even better in person...so fluffy and soft...love, love, love.

So that's it for that.

I'm hoping to have the room done within the next month so stay tuned...I promise after pictures:)

Moving on.

As part of my Little Miss sourcing, I ventured downtown to my favourite chandelier guy and found quite a few great options for her room...pictures of those finds will be coming on Wednesday when I update the project...for now, I'll show you the piece I found for myself...hello flush mount gorgeous that will be absolutely perfect in my foyer...


It totally reminds me of my dream flusher, the Trillion, only it's vintage (aka one of a kind) and WAY cheaper...win.

There's honestly nothing I love more than finding gems like the ones I discovered this weekend...I'd give my limbs to own a real store and do this sort of thing for a living...and make millions at it.

Oh the fun I'd have....

xoxo
Photobucket