My Own Shiddazle

For some reason I'm noticing that my desire for all things 'more is more' is weaning a bit.

Maybe it's the New Year or bambino on the way or what but I'm craving a little more simplicity in my life/surroundings.

Specifically, I'm lusting after an antique and modern mix, filled with sculptural elements and one of a kind statement pieces, all wrapped up in a black, gold and white bow...maybe a little more masculinity...just a touch...

mix of modern furniture and antique architectural finds

obsessed with white, gold, black and fur these days-

modern antique mix

Fav apt. ever | Lauren Santo Domingo's Paris Duplex

the frame, the floors, the light, le sigh

ornate antique black twin headboards used together to create a wicked king bed

bench, wall molding

More specifically, I want to build a house.

Like for realz.

I want herringbone floors and crazy moudlings and white walls.

And amazing one of a kind furniture.

I've become keenly aware that one of the dangers of sourcing for other people is the easiness with which you can find sooooo many incredible things that you want for yourself...


Beautiful Pair of Milo Baughman Modern Swivel Chairs for Thayer Coggin Mid Century Lounge

looove--azadeh shladovsky | diva stool

Glammy Pouf Swivel Chairs





Apparently I have thing for stools and chairs;)

Sadly, I have neither the budget nor the space for any of this...hence me wanting to construct my own palace.

I'm working on that plan.

Stay tuned.

I'm also trying to narrow down this whole nursery business.

And for some reason, like my desire for more white and simplicity in general, I'm thinking my plans for bambino's room are meant to follow the same general bent.

White walls, accented with shades of cream, grey and black.

When focusing on that plan, I stumbled upon these...

Fabulous pair of unique Vintage Egrets Palm Beach Hollywood Regency style lamps on hold.

...which quickly moved my whole 'mad men' esque plan into something softer and more 'natural'.

Trouble is, the lamps are GINORMOUS- I'm talking 41" tall with a shade and as much as I HATE to see them go, I just thing that's too large...here's a mock up with the lamps sitting on the dresser that I'm pretty sure I NEED to go with...it's burled olive people...



As you can see, by the time I plunk them on a console table, they'd look pretty large like...the dresser is 30" and with the 41" lamps, I'd be at almost 6' and with 8' ceilings, maybe just too much?

Yes, no, maybe so?

I'm sad about the potential of not getting these- really, really sad.

I LOATHE saying no to stuff I want.

And speaking of that, I'm trying to narrow down a little sofa perch for the room.

Loving this guy...

1960s Black and Chrome Modern Sofa

And though I know this is totally NOT practical for a nursery, Black Rooster's newest sofa is making me crazzzzzeeeee....

Pictures of Acrylic Sofa

I mean this piece alone makes me want to build a house...just so I can own it.

Wrapping up...

As you can tell from this scattered post, I'm waffling on my own style, my house and my nursery...flip flopping like a bad game of tennis.

And so, to combat the stress that's caused from uncertainty, I paint...

B

F

...little paper pretties of the 9x12 variety that can be yours for only 20 bones...frame a pair up in gold with big mats and voila, goodness.

Buy all 10 of them up at the Wink of Pink and help a girl build her dream house;)

Um k?

xo
Photobucket