The Dream House Diaries #4 - A Mixed Bag

I hope I'm not driving you crazy with this...


...already.

Clearly, it's on the brain.

For today, I've got a very random mixed bag of what's inspiring me.

1. This pavilion designed by architects Curtis and Windham...

Inverness_127.1101print


The two story veranda with these arches on either end...


...has me dreaming large.

On a narrow lot, a house like this could be situated sideways so that the view from the road was straight down the veranda...yes, yes and yes.

2. The latest Princess Margaret Showhome here in Oakville is such a good example of what I'm after...a gorgeous mix of traditional and modern...

Though I love the exterior (.the black doors instead of lower windows is a winner)...


...it's the kitchen that really gob smacks me...



A 'fancy' marble island; black cupboards; AGA heaven; no uppers....it's all just perfect.

3. My dream master bath would have this puppy in its midst...

Victorian 4 Leg Base with Drawer

...only with a brass base...obvs.

Too bad I'd have to sell a child to purchase it.

4. This hand painted terracotta tile...


...would make me happier than a garden gnome.

5. Speaking of garden gnomes, my dream home would definitely have one.

6. Bathrooms...we'd need more of them in a new house for some reason, I can't stop thinking about this cat's....


... dream bathroom.

As you can tell from today's ensemble, she's not one to shy away from flare...oh how I'd love to take that outfit as inspiration and go crazy in a super girly bathroom.

 Orangie wallpaper (how many times over the years have I spoken about this paper...if I ever build a dream home, I sweer that it WILL happen)...


 ...a pink tub...


...and a ruffly shower curtain a la Peppermint Bliss's masterpiece...


I'm also mulling over something cool for the teenager...KW greatness on that front if you please...


8.  Furniture...living room would most definitely hold these babies...


OBSESSED.

Happy weekend love nutters.

xo
Photobucket