The Dream House Diaires #10...The Dark Side

I hadn't intended to make this a...



...but it's morphed into that as I write so for the second time this week, I seem to be thinking of goodness I'd love to use in the new house.

Today, I'm talking marble.

I've long time been a fan of the stuff..have some gorgeous white stone in my kitchen and wouldn't consider any other surface for #projectdreamhouse.

Lately though, my thoughts of Carrara or Calacatta have been one upped by dreams of this...

Austral Gold Black Marble from Australia | Natural Stone

...aka Austral Gold.

Also lusting after the more common but equally gorgeous...


...Nero Marquina.

Though I'll probably stick to something blanco in the kitchen, I'm most definitely going to plaster some of this dark goodness in a bathroom and perhaps on a fireplace or two...LOVING it in a honed finish.

I find it so strikingly dramatic and modern...

black marble wall mounted sink.



Those columns... Darryl Carter,fireplace

black marble splashback

black marble bath

black marble bath with antique fixtures designed by Michael Graydon

Black marble in the kitchen


KW



Of course, there's always the black and white marble mix for the floors to also consider...I'm thinking something like this MUST happen in the foyer...



Raw wood, deep black velvet, black marble / Jo Malone headquarters in London



VILLA BISONO: April 2011

Kelly Wearstler Home Beverly HIlls CA Marble Floored Entry Gallery

...but in a space more like this...



Glorious.

And on a smaller scale, I'd love to incorporate this table pretty...



...and pretty much every KW marble accessory...


...and if the gods really love me, this guy...


{all pictures via}

...for the dining room...holy hell I love that table.

And you?

Are you all about the softer marble varieties or have you also fallen a bit for their darker cousins?

xo
Photobucket