Weekend Finds, I Need Advice and a Small Update of #projectfeminegrit

Morning friends.

It's raining here, for the 3rd day in a row and you know what, I'm pretty pleased about it...the drizzle means my newly planted grass/front garden needs way less maintenance on my end to survive and since I've got so many things happening inside the house, this is a good thing.

As for my weekend, husband, the kids and I spent both days browsing our favourite shops for inspiration re: new house and the quick/mini update I hope to get done on this place.

Here's what caught my eye...

1. These Bernhardt tables...219 carries them and I've long admired but seeing them in person made the whole lusting thing reach another level - the lacquer and brass together is just so damn pretty- they glisten and almost sparkle in real life.


2. Hubs and I have a co-favourite store here in Toronto called Patina...they have such a great mix of mid-century pieces that the man loves and the more glamalicious stuff I like...we both hearted this swing lamp major styles...such a statement piece.


3. You'd be hard pressed to find a lucite table I didn't like- this one is really fabulous because of it's stacked base.


3. This burled wood dining table...I mean need I say anything about this?


4. This little marble and lacquer table just stole my heart...small, dainty and so versatile- would look great in any setting.


5. We also stopped by another retail fave, The Door Store...though I always want most of everything in the place, on this trip, I was most drawn to their selection of pillars... I have this weird love/hate thing with these things...in new build/subdivision houses in my hood, they randomly stick them everywhere and I LOATHE them...but when I see salvage antique ones, I get all hot and bothered like.


6.  We also made a stop at Elte to see some pretty new stuff.  The kids were in need of a snack/pick me up at this point so we stopped by their new cafe...the steel glass divider windows have me thinking of doing something very similar in #projectdreamhouse


7. I ordered a set of busts for #projectbeverly hills and spotted them in person...LOVE seeing things I've sourced online in the flesh...especially when they turn out to be even prettier than you expected...


8. On Sunday, we headed downtown again and stopped at Morba to pick up my new Mouille ceiling light for the living room...pictures of that coming soon...for now, here's two versions of the same floor lamp that I'm considering adding to our place...

Small black guy...


...and larger white guy...


And now on to the advice part, I'm considering re-upholstering my ottoman...


...and have this crazy idea to do it in something like this...


...which popped into mind after seeing these...

Van Haandel | Project of Imagination
[via]

...so in love with the vibrant blue, when mixed with black and gold.

Remember that it has to work with some pink, though there will be less of that once I'm done this little mini makeover.

And while we're on fabric, I'm thinking this sort of business for my poodle chairs...


We shall see.

Next piece of advice...what is the first thing that pops into mind when you see this table...


I'm waffling on it like mad...one minute I think I can't possibly live without it and the next minute I find it too much.

Thoughts on it all?

Moving on but still on the topic of black,  just got back some update photos re: #projectfemininegrit...

As per our plans, walls are now gloriously black a la BM Black Iron...ceiling is a lovely greyish lavender by BM called Wild Aster...


...also note that beautious chandy...it's a vintage Murano beauty done in lavender glass...purdy, purdy.

I literally can't wait to see the completed 'afters'...stay tuned.

And I think that's about it for now.

I've got a few big link overs that I also want to do either today or tomorrow so stay tuned...I might be doing some double post action today.

xo
Photobucket